|L's card from the group project|
|R's card from the group project|
- Craft weight Vilene interfacing (also called heavy weight or pelmet)
- Bondaweb (or similar brand) fusible webbing
- Plain white backing fabric
- Coloured fabric scraps
- Cut the Vilene, backing fabric, coloured background fabric and 2 pieces of Bondaweb into postcard sized rectangles (4 by 6 inches)
- Iron the backing fabric onto one side of the Vilene using the Bondaweb
- Iron the coloured background onto the other side with Bondaweb
- Choose small motifs or shapes from fabric scraps and iron a slightly larger piece of Bondaweb onto the back. Cut out the fabric and Bondaweb together.
- Peel the backing off the Bondaweb/motif.
- Lay the motif onto the background and iron in place.
- Straighten the edges with a rotary cutter or with set square and scissors.
- Sew zig-zag machine stitch (or hand stitch) around the edges.
Here are some of the cards I have designed