We have tried several experiment to make clouds. Below is a video of our most successful experiment.
To make a cloud you need an empty bottle, blue-tac, rubbing alcohol (brand name Isocol near the plasters in Woolworths), and a balloon pump.
- Put a small amount of alcohol in the bottle (evaporation will begin).
- Put the balloon pump into the bottle neck and seal around it to make the join airtight with blue-tac.
- Pump air into the bottle to raise the air pressure inside.
- Quickly pull the pump out lowering the air pressure again.
- As the pressure lowers the evaporated alcohol will condense and form a cloud.