- dolls head
- pointed stick
- textured wallpaper
- plaster of Paris
- First flatten a ball of clay into a flat tile shape, cutting off the edges to make a rectangle.
- Use textured wallpaper to imprint a pattern all over the tile.
- Take a dolls head (Barbie) and push it quite deeply into the clay to give a face impression.
- Use a pointed stick to add hair and other details
|L's clay portrait|
|R's clay portrait|
|Mum's clay portrait|
- Next use some clay to build a wall around the tile.
|Tiles with walls of clay|
- Fill the tile with plaster of Paris, we embedded a hanging string into the plaster at this stage.
- Remove the clay wall once the plaster has set.
|Our plaster tiles removed from the mold|
- Paint the tiles (come back soon to see ours)